c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code which
is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item,
d. Part Number (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means
of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range
When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different
part number from the part ordered.
e. Description and Usable on Code (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following information.
(l)The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Usable on code, when applicable (para 5).
(3) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column (5) for given
figure in both section H and section III.
f. Qty (Column (6)). Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure,
which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column
in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from application to application.
4. Explanation of Columns (Section IV)
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN) sequence.
The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN. When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first
four digits of the NSN. When requisitioning items use the complete NSN (13 digits).
(2) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The illus-
trations are in numerical sequence in sections H and III.
(3) Item column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent Fig.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphameric sequence.
(1) FSCM column. This column lists the Federal supply code for manufacturer (FSCM).
(2) Part number column. This column indicates the part number assigned to the item.
(3) Stock number column. This column lists the National stock number for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the part number and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in sections
II and III.
(5) Item column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced
in the adjacent figure number column.
5. Special Information
a. Usable on Code. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the description column heading.
Usable on codes are shown as "UOC": in the description column (justified left) on the first line applicable item
description nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification of the usable on codes used
in this RPSTL are:
b. Associated Publications. The publications listed below pertain to the AN/GRC-142B and its components:
TM 11-5038, Control Group AN/GRA-6.
TM 11-5410-212-15P, Shelter, Electrical Equipment S-318/G.
TM 11-5809201-12, Telephone Set TA-312/PT.
TM 11-5805-201-20P, Telephone Set TA-312/PT.
TM 11-5805-201-34P, Telephone Set TA-312/PT.
TM 11-5805-201-35, Telephone Set TA-312/PT.
TM 11-5805-387-15-1, Modem, Radio Teletypewriter MD-522/GRC.