prepared for functional groups and listings are
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
divided into the same groups.
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent
National stock number or part number. This index
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering
the functional group to which the item belongs.
is in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part
numbers in alphameric sequence, cross-referenced
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustra-
to the illustration figure number and item number.
tion and note the illustration figure and item
number of the item,
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
number, locate the figure and item number in the
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing,
repair parts list.
find the figure and item number noted on the illus-
b. When National stock number or part number
(Next printed page is 4)