Wafer switch terminals are easily bent and broken.
When installing a new switch containing wafers,
carefully position wiring harness to prevent strain
on switch terminals.
Place new switch in position.
On front panel, replace control knob retainer screw or hex nut.
On inside of front panel replace any hex nuts.
Solder wires to new switch.
Position transistor on compartment housing.
Replace screws, nylon bushing, lockwasher, nuts.
Solder wires to transistor terminals.
DIODES CR1 - CR4, CR6
· Tag, unsolder, and remove leads from diode.
· Remove diode.
· Put new diode in place.
· Solder leads to new diode.
This procedure is for the following resistors:
R1 AUDIO GAIN
R3 SCOPE INTENSITY
R4 SQUELCH SENS
· Tag, unsolder, and remove leads from resistor.
· Remove control knob retainer screws.
· Remove resistor.
· Put new resistor in place.
· Replace control knob retainer screws.
· Solder leads to new resistor.
FILTERS FL1, FL2, FL3, FL4, FL5
· On the bottom side of the chassis, remove four hex nuts holding filter to chassis.
· Tag, unsolder and remove leads from terminals.
· Lift out filter.